Project EngineerPosted by TachyonBeheer / February 22nd, 2017 / No responses
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the technical development stage of a Turbocharger. You will be responsible from project nomination until finalized design. Part of your responsibilities are the technical specification, design, planning and costs. During this project you will be the link between your project team and the engineering team of the customer.
Based on customer provided constraints you will lead the development and validation of innovative solutions, thereby providing technical support of the project team, customers and suppliers.
You will work together with design-, quality- and production engineering, sales and purchasing. Liaise together with purchasing with suppliers, sub-contractors & customers.
Responsibilities and tasks are:
- Creating and securing technical specifications of projects
- Translating customer requirements to specification
- Creating and securing test specifications
- Synchronizing supplier and customer requirements
- Support purchasing with supplier selection
- Supporting sales with searching and creating new business with new customers and markets
- Supporting ordering and sales processes
- Support design for manufacture & assembly
- Give input in APQP project meetings
- Proactive in process improvement
- Support manufacturing / production through to end customer
- Ensure accuracy in all information
- Investigate & determine solutions to service & engineering warranty issues as they arise
- Able to work with little supervision
- Willing to travel
Experience and education:
- Bachelor(BEng) Mechanical, Automotive or Aeronautical Engineering
- A minimum of 2 Years of relevant work experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of internal combustion engines
- Good knowledge of 2D/3D in CATIA V5
- English professional proficiency
- Experience with ISO/TS16949 quality management system is preferred
Tachyon Engineering is a engineering company with a focus on high end vehicle engineering, with a specialization in turbochargers. Our customers are low volume engine and vehicle manufacturers and engineering firms.
Based in Soest, Tachyon Engineering is located in the center of The Netherlands. Soest is perfectly reachable by public transportation and car.
Interested in this vacancy at Tachyon Engineering? Please contact us via our contact page. Your application should include a cover letter and résumé.